Back on the Road

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by john1, Aug 20, 2016.

1. john1

john1 Member

I'm a long time member but I rarely post. Mostly just hang out, read, and absorb some knowledge. I know everyone likes pictures and video is even better, so here's a link to a short video of my truck. Being just a little obsessive compulsive I'm unsure how long th truck will stay as is. Right now the plan is to drive it and enjoy it while working out the last of the mechanical gremlins, then make a decision on paint sometime later. Still have to work on the fuel injection tune a little, but it's close. I provide some details in the video, but if you want to know any particulars just ask. I'll try and get some photos and more details posted soon. I've owned the truck for 28 years and have worked on it sporadically over the years. Things like marriage, mortgages, children, and college expenses kept getting in the way.
    John

vwnate1, 50 Chevy LS3 and Bill Hanlon like this.
  2. DieselCash

DieselCash Member

Thanks for sharing! That was a nice video.

3. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

Wow. Thanks for posting such a cool video. Nice clean looking truck.
    Details are nice. Noticed the modification of the fender brace to clear the AC line. Pretty cool.

Love the tires breaking loose...

Steve.

4. john1

john1 Member

Thanks, it's getting there slowly. The only sheet metal left from the original truck is the hood, everything else was either rusted or killed. An old KS farm truck. I need to get that fender brace off and powder coat it, but I'm enjoying the truck so much I'll probably wait for snow. 300 + miles in a little over 2 weeks. John

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Nice little Hot Rod you have there .