Beginners luck

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by coilover, Oct 18, 2016.

1. coilover

coilover Member

Not a story on a low mileage car a little old lady just drove to church on Sundays, but almost. Nephew in Iowa and his brother in law in Wisconsin had me looking for a less rusty Texas AD than their local ones. Showed them several but with their limited skills and tools they passed and were planning on going to the LeMars, Iowa auction at the end of this month which has a dozen or maybe two dozen 47-54 and 55-59 on the block. Nephew needed to borrow a tap from a neighbor a half mile away and mentioned their search. Neighbor said in one of the buildings on his farm was a 1952 his dad bought new and had probably spent no more than six nights outside in its 64 year life and paint is still shiny. It's a 3/4 ton but who cares. This is the same neighbor that I took a picture of his restored 1920 Briggs and Stratton CAR which Nate thinks is slightly dangerous.

2009 Iowa Trip 013.jpg

2. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Did your nephew get his beer?

Chiro likes this.
  3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Cool ! .

When do we get photos of this '52 3600 ? .

4. coilover

coilover Member

Nate,
    Won't get the AD pictures until next September when I go to visit my sister as I do each year. If someone can VERY SLOWLY and completely explain to this computer dummy how to move a picture from email to the forum then I'm sure the guys will email me a picture. I do have a picture that applies to your 69 that I think is neat. Uses a Blazer gas tank. Side marker light/reflector swings open to fill.

IMG_4214.JPG IMG_4216.JPG

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Wow ;

That's very clever Evan ! .

Not helpful on my step side tho' #rolleyes# .

I posted some really long step by step how to post photos here a year ago, basically you save the photo from the E-Mail to your computer then when posting here you select the photo and attach it .

I used to save the photos to my desktop and delete them after posting but now I use the photos folder in the start menu .

6. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

I saw this exact same setup on a '70 Chevy 1/2 ton stepside last weekend. It is really sweet.

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

?? Am I the only Farm Boy here who ever had to change a flat tire on a muddy road ? .

This is why these things were disliked when new and usually discarded after the first use .

Feel free to ignore my Old Man rant , I just remember when driving into Town with a side mount spare meant you were too poor to live on a paved road.....#rolleyes# .