Starting Problem - 66/292 - Broken wire?

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by Steven Hinkle, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Steven Hinkle

Steven Hinkle Member

This one is a little strange - the day before I tried to start the truck, it started and was running fine. It turns over fine but noted I am not getting fire to the plugs. Changed out the rotor, cap and coil - still not getting fire. I tested with a volt guage - no fire to the positive term on the coil with the ignition on....I haven't checked yet but am thinking I may have a broken wire somewhere. I don't really want to start messing with the wiring if I don't have to. Don't have a wiring diagram. Anyone have any ideas? Where does the positive wire on the coil originate or attach to? Maybe I could just do a by-pass. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Steven Hinkle

Steven Hinkle Member

3. Steven Hinkle

Steven Hinkle Member

Please disregard! Went out and re-checked the ignition plug on the dash. Started right up! Bad case if the dumb a.... Thanks

4. Woogeroo

Woogeroo Member

It happens to all of us... I accidentally unplugged my blinker harness wire last week(while doing something else under the dash)... and was wondering why my blinkers were not working... was going nuts trying to troubleshoot it.

old trucks are fun.

-W