custom/aftermarket door mirrors

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by trucktony, Jul 30, 2023.

1. trucktony

trucktony Member

Hello
    Can anyone help me out on finding the right aftermarket door mirrors for my 1977 c20 truck
    The truck is in such a good condition I hate to drill the doors for just any mirror
    And because there are already mounts on the doors I was hoping someone could tell me which mirror fit these mounts
    I guess there from any aftermarket fabricator like sears or napa (do not know??)
    I have got a campershell on it now and the rear view is dangerous to say at least with the original mirrors
    (although I love them)
    Any thoughts on getting better mirrors on these mounts is appreciated
    Thanks
    Tony

2. trucktony

trucktony Member

These are the Photo's of the mounts

Attached Files:

3. nerfherder78

nerfherder78 Member

My brother had those on his old truck (picture below). Just did a quick search for '2 point mount mirrors' and found some "universal" ones on ebay and a few other online stores that are close, but clearly not the same. I don't know how well they would line up and bolt to the stock mounts, but it might be worth a try.

I've never really seen any aftermarket mirrors that I like on this bodystyle. I have the more common 'below eyeline' stock style mirror and like the look, but are basically useless with a slide in camper or towing a wide trailer. If your campershell matches the profile of the cab like most newer ones they would work fine though, and there are plenty of aftermarket reproductions.

Attached Files:

4. trucktony

trucktony Member

Thanks Nerfherder 78
    The ones on your picture are probably ford mirrors related
    I found those but wanted something that would follow the contours of the plastic moldings that are one the door a little more
    I will probably end up making them myself from some ferro tubbing and with the ford brackets/mirrors

Thanks for your reply
    regards