Manifold gasket GMC 1955 2nd 6cyl

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by Lasse Sweden, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Lasse Sweden

Lasse Sweden Member

Hi need some help ! I have cylinderhead 2194819 fink is called smalports: intake the gasket is 1 1/2 inch in the hole. Can somebody help me need part number for Manifoldgasket set and the rings between cylinderhead and manifold . If i understand perhaps is not the original cylinderhead on it now. But need the gaskets for the 2194819 head

2. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Fel-Pro MS8706B intake/exhaust gasket set should do the job. RockAuto has it at $6.19 US here
    1955 GMC TRUCK 4.1L 248cid L6 Intake & Exhaust Manifold Gasket Set | RockAuto
    or if the intake manifold is already separated from the exhaust get this one which already has the manifold to manifold gasket.
    More Information for VICTOR REINZ 711477800

No telling what shipping to Sweden is.

Before installing the manifolds permanently, mount the two manifolds to the head snugging the manifold to head bolts, but not very tight, tighten the bolts holding the exhaust manifold to the intake manifold if they are not already tight, then remove the manifolds as one piece and take them to a machine shop. Have them run a belt sander or similar device on the manifold surface where it contacts the head to make it flat. Then take it home and install it.

One of the rings was missing on my 302 when I got it. I ended up buying a short piece of 1 3/4" to 2" exhaust pipe adapter at my local auto parts store and cutting a slice through it diagonally so it would fit tightly in both the head and the manifold.

These https://www.ecklers.com/gmc-intake-...-302-ci-6-cylinder-1950-1959-61-327425-1.html
    are for the big port heads (not yours), but you could buy this set and cut small amounts of metal out of the "gap" until they would compress enough to fit in your manifold and 4819 head.

By the way, 2184819 is the proper head for ALL 248 GMC engines.

3. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member