Wiper switch

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by Thunder65, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Thunder65

Thunder65 Member

I had recently bought a Wiper switch from Classic Parts. It has three prongs running out the back. The original 1965 switch has on single prong coming out the back. The painless kit has one wire that fit the orginal switch. Does anyone know how to run the wiring from the new switch. I'm not sure how the three prongs on the back on the new switch are to be connected( I understand the new switch is a two speed w/washer). The current Wiper moter looks like it only has two prongs comming out. I believe a pink and a white wire are currently connected to the motor from the Painless Kit. I will probally end up replaceing the wiper motor with one from Classic Parts that has three prongs. I'm doing further testing to see, but if I keep the old one how should it be connect. Any help would be appreciated this is the only wiring issue I have left and the truck is DONE knock on wood.

2. 283 man

283 man Member

Call Customer service at 1-800-741-1678 they will help you out with your problem.

3. Vin63

Vin63 Member

Yep, I'm pretty sure you got it right...two-speed switch with a windshield washer function. For my '63, I have a two-speed wiper switch with the center push button for the washer and it is a three-prong connection.