how do I high preformance build 235 ci

Discussion in 'Performance, Engine, and Transmission' started by mot1982, Oct 3, 2008.

1. mot1982

mot1982 Member

does anyone know where i can get information, options, stats, methods, performance ratings, recomendations, etc on building a high performance 235 CI engine?

I can find parts, triple carb set ups, fenton headers, hei ignitions but looking for information on does, dont's, recomendations, HP ratings stuuf like that.

Going to build a high preformance 235. just a matter figuring out what exactly what that means.

2. kg4mon

kg4mon Member

I had the same problem with a 235. That was my first choice but couldn't find the parts that I wanted. Like big enough cams and roller tip rockers and such. I gave up on the 235 and went to a 230 which is a newer style that uses screw in studs instead of a rocker shaft. I bough some books here is a link. http://www.speedwaymotors.com/m/663_Street-Rod-Books-Manuals-Buick-GMC-6-Cylinder-Cadillac-Vintage-V8.html I got the chevy inline power manual, it's a great book, lots of info. Just the rebuild kit for the 235 is almost triple of the 230/250/292 engines. Good luck. I'm building a 350-380 hp 230.

3. PackRat

PackRat Member

4. Vin63

Vin63 Member

So, it sounds like you're familiar with Langdon's. Where are you located? I've hot rodded a few straight sixes in my time, and the last one, I received help from Sissell's Automotive (www.sissellsautomotive.com) - if you're ever go with a later model GM L6 like the one I have listed for sale. Another cool resource is: www.mighty6.com - Sissell's did some work on this straight six, as well.

5. bonvo

bonvo Member

correct me if im wrong guys but with the amount of money it would take to build a 235 you could build 2 350's i personally look at it this way you have all the room in the world stuff the biggest beast of a motor in it like a 572, 8-71 blower, dual quads and in these things it will all fit under the hood :D sleeper !!

6. chevymantrucks

chevymantrucks Member

I can see hoppin up a 302 GMC six.:D and you are right it costs alot to do the sixs then doing a 350.:rolleyes: