one piece headliner?

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by kyle, Dec 4, 2006.

1. kyle

kyle Member

i know CP carries the door panels that you can upholster, which i like better than the ones pictured below, but i do like that the headliner matches the door panels and will go with what i can find as a set. my question is, does CP have a headliner something like the one below, or where can i find one? i'm looking more for the idea, rather than these exact ones with flames. i hope this makes sense to someone

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ________
    ISUZU GEMINI

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  2. coilover

coilover Member

I buy the one piece polypropalene headliner and my upholstery shop uses it as a backing to put any type material on that I want. They need the truck because the plastic liner needs to be trimmed to fit before it's upholstered.

3. kyle

kyle Member

where did you buy the one piece? from CP? I get confused on whether or not they carry the product if it isnt pictured on the website. I would rather it be plain but if i had to go with a design like that, i would, preferably matching the CP door panels. I love them
    ________
    Vaporgenie

4. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Evan, you need to post some pictures of some of the rides you build! Or do i just have to come up and see for myself!:D

5. Boopster

Boopster Member

CP Part #

Kyle, the part # is 21-464. It is a one piece plastic part that costs 170.00. It is molded to replace the original two piece.

6. Boopster

Boopster Member

Does it fit?

Hey fellows. I havent got my Boops truck back yet so I haven't been able to see if the headliner fits. Have any of you used the two piece, and did it fit without cutting or did it have to be fitted? Just wonder if I could cover the two piece with material that matches the seat and put it in (in two pieces) using the bow without any problems.

BTW, I spoke with cuz today and found out his wife was MAD:mad: She said that he could not call me to come plug and switch until he had my Boops truck painted and ready. Hope she means that. My daughter (who works there) said the the wife said she was not going to let me come until the Boop had her truck. MABEEEEEEEEEE? :rolleyes:

What about the rolled up condition that it is in when you get it? Any suggestions?

I'm still not going to hold my breath.

TB'sD

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  7. kyle

kyle Member

boop, thats the part i was looking at, but didnt know if it was a "coming soon" kind of deal. Thanks for the help
    ________

8. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

How hard do you guys think it would be to cover one of these headliners in suede. I've never worked with suede before so I didn't know if it would cover that well.

9. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

Boop's Dad,
    Be careful when ordering. I had a senior moment and got the one for 49 thorugh 53 instead of the 47-48. They are diff so which ever one you have make sure you order the one for it. Also, the back piece goes in fairly easy cause you can place it in the center band, hold it up and put the rear retainer band on it. The front is another sotry. We are talking patience and a pair of helping hands that knows what you need before you ask (probably the Boopster). You will want to be ready to put your windshield molding in when you put the front piece in because it holds it in place. Also, with mine came a couple of strips about 2 inch by about 8 inch that look like they go down the front door posts toward the dash. The front piece will probably take some trimming but not much. When you unroll it just be very easy in the way you flex it to get it inot the right shape. A crease looks like crap on a white horse.
    As far as covering it with anything I would think you would have to deal with the tight fit where the cardboard slips into the center band.
    Hope this helps.
    Good luck,
    Bill

By the way, Boop's Dad, I knew leverage would help I just didn't forsee it coming from his better half. That is probably better than the electircal inspector or fire marshall anyway.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  10. Boopster

Boopster Member

Headliner pieces

Let me try this again, my computer shut down when I clicked SAVE, guess it didn't get saved, must still be lost.... somewhere:eek:

Anyway, the info helps much. I wasn't aware that the front glass trim helped hold the headliner. And I did wonder what the two pieces were and still don't know if I understand. The rocket scientist/'s that engin-ear-ed it before I got it were just about as qualified as I am. They coon fingered just about everything possible:eek: Well i want go there now, it would sound like im wine-in.

Steal my lunch and call me hungry if they didn't do some of the wierdest things I ever saw:confused: '

TB'sD

11. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Just remember to get some closed cell insulating and glue that to the inside of the roof -before- you begin fooling with that headliner ~ you'll love not only the quieter ride but the cooler in summer and warmer in winter part is slick too :)

12. 77 Chevy

77 Chevy Member

The picture is coming soon we do sell the headliners they are shipped directly from the manufacture.

13. Boopster

Boopster Member

Insulation

Vw-nate, would you recommend spray on closed cell, some type of self adhesive or some type of pad that you stick on or put above headliner?

I had thought about insulation in the past but didn't know what to use. Is this something that CP sells or do you know of a source?

Thanks

TB'sD

14. 50Jimmy

50Jimmy Member

One piece headliner

Mrs. generously ordered me up a one piece headliner for christmas. My gmc is a 50 and I am wondering if this head liner needs the center bow.....Just looking, I am thinking it is not required...which works out nice because I dont have one. Anybody else installed one of these? Did you upholster it first?

15. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Insulation

I don't think it matters as long as you use closed cell . I use the sheets and aerosol adhesive (3-M) to stick it on .

Welcome home , BTW , we've missed you .

-Nate

16. GrandpaGlenn0

GrandpaGlenn0 Member

TB'sD,
    Welcome back-- we thought we lost you.
    BTW, did you have any success with your ins co.?

17. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Lay the 2 piece flat as soon as you get it. Spread the chanels in the center bow to make it a little easier. slip both sides in the bow and duct tape the two together. Slide it up into the roof and use some kind of blunt hook tool to pull the door weatherstrip out and over the edge. Screw in the rear strip, then the windsheild trim. It helps to have a second and third hand...don't invite the preacher or anyone from your church as there is much swearing involved.......

18. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

Hey guys,
    Look closely at the posts for Boop's Dad. Those were in 2006. I almost fell for it too. I sent TB'Dad a PM a while back but he must still be working on that F@@% and is too embarrassed to show his face:D
    Gater

19. Larrys 48

Larrys 48 Member

Rus - I take it you removed the center bow and duct taped the hidden sides of the headliner together before reinstalling the bow. I hadn't considered removing the bow. Amen about the preacher. Wallpapering is one our roughest team sports...Thanks, Larry

20. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Actually, i installed the bow in the 2 pieces then taped the whole thing together, then installed it. I didn't know any better, but eventually it worked out well. Just make shure your drill doesn't slip and punch a hole in the cardboard.....that really causes swearing.