Replacement Inner cowl panel issues

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by omega7979, Nov 19, 2006.

1. omega7979

omega7979 Member

I'm wondering if anyone had the same problem I had with the C.P. replacement inner cowl panels......the problem is the radius and the return that slips inbetween the rocker panel and outer cowl. If I were to install the panel as is the formed ribs in the panel are about 1/2 to 3/4 too high and didnt match up with the depressions on the inner to outer cowl panel.........what I had to do was reform the radius and rebend a return on it and then trim about 3/4 off.....no big deal anyhow.......just lookin to see if its just me thats screwed up.....:D

2. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

What I noticed was the "deluxe" (usually black) panels from CP fit well but the others (usually grey) fit poorly. I suspected that they were from different suppliers with differing quality levels. But that is just my guess. We had to adjust the heck out of the inner panels you speak of.

3. omega7979

omega7979 Member

ok thanks .........atleast i wasnt the only one with this issue

4. f4fantm2

f4fantm2 Member

I had the same problem with those inner cowl panels, and mine were black. I did get a couple of cab corners, though, one of which was black, and the other gray. The black one went on perfectly, but the gray one was a piece of junk. Guess the lesson to be learned is to be very suspicious of gray sheet metal patch panels