Gas Tank Relocation

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GMC Pickups Talk' started by mgoose22, Feb 17, 2002.

1. mgoose22

mgoose22 Member

I have a 1953 5window .Would like to move tank out of cab and put under bed. Some one said chevelle tank or van. If anybody has done this. Any help would be VERY APPRECIATED !!!!!

2. Bikeitswift

Bikeitswift Member

Did you ever relocate your tank? I have a 67 C10 (I know, different truck entirely, but maybe not so much because mine is a stepside), and am faced with the same challenge.

3. Bannear

Bannear Member

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-02 AT 07:25 PM (CST)]There is a lengthy discussion regarding gas tank relocation in the 1960-66 section - look at the heading entitled Gas tank relocation - good information about the process. I found that the 70's pu frames are wider than my 66, so you might have the same problem with the 67 - I don't have the spec's on them. someone has suggested late model S10 blazer tank. They sit at the back behind the rear end and have side fill. I have had a look at a few tanks but haven't pulled one under my truck yet ... I will post more when I do. Hope the redirection helps some:)

4. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

Follow some of those links in those posts too. There is a link to putting in a Jeep CJ gas tank, that fits perfect as well.

Dval