best spark plugs??

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by angel1960chevy, Jul 11, 2002.

1. angel1960chevy

angel1960chevy Member

Hello guys Angel here,

I recently bought a 1960 Chevy stepside 1/2 ton for $500.00. It was crapping out and must of stalled 5 times in 102 degree heat. Friend told me it was my points? don't know yet. My question is what would be the best spark plugs to use on my 235 6cyl. 1 barrel carb.?? I heard that the split fires plugs were a waste of money.

What do you all use??

Thanks in advance guys

Angel
    SJ CA

A man and his Chevy truck is a beautiful thing.

2. cowboy

cowboy Member

Do you have a shop manual? Well the book says that the normal plug # is ac-44 but a hotter plug you could use an ac-45 or ac-46 and a colder plug you could use an ac-43. hope that helps. You can go from there.
    Cowboy

3. angel1960chevy

angel1960chevy Member

Thanks for your advise Cowboy. I do have my manuel, but that book has real old information from way back then. I plan on using it as a daily user and want to get the best for it. (don't want to be left stranded)
    Thought maybe there was a super plug out there that I didn't know about? I just want to get some advise from you Chevy lovers out there.

Thanks man

Angel
    San Jose, CA

A man and his Chevy truck is a beautiful thing.

4. cowboy

cowboy Member

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-02 AT 11:31 PM (CST)]well the guys at the parts store should be able to help you. i don't know of any super spark plugs out there but if there is i'd like to know about it my self so ican put it in my 283 V8. i'm going to use ac-45 or the closes to that the part store has to it.
    Cowboy
    1961 swb stepside