Wiring in a S-10 tilt column

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Poppy Wagon, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Poppy Wagon

Poppy Wagon Member

Anyone here know which colored wire goes to where from the steering column? Been trying to find a wiring diagram on line,Thanks

2. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Hey Poppy Wagon, I don't have a clue but, Coilover or Kevins48 will surely know the answer. But, i have a question. How did you come up with your handle? That takes me back to my college days, when you had to have a mid 60's van to cruise in. I had a '66 F**d econoline van with "Keep on Truckin'" stenciled on the side.:cool: Of course, i was labeled a dope smokin' hippie and every mother's nightmare.:eek: But then again, I was ONE mother's nightmare!:D

3. federale

federale Member

I put an early 80's Monte Carlo column in my 53 without a diagram. What I did was lay it out on the workbench and hooked the battery charger to it and used a test light to chase down all the wires. Hope this helps!

4. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

what year S-10 and I'll try to find out for you.

5. Boopster

Boopster Member

Wire to what?

I put an 80 camaro tilt wheel in the Boops ride. Used an ohm meter to locate what did what. Put it in and everything worked right the first time. I wrote down what color everything was and I'm gona try to find it to post here. Seems these days that the best working part of me is "MY FORGETER" :eek:

anyway, ohming it out went fast and error free, maybe this will help

TB'sD

6. Poppy Wagon

Poppy Wagon Member

S-10 column

Hey,I got the name poppy wagon because when my brother and I were young we called old trucks and cars poppy wagons! Also the steering column is from a 1991, Thanks!

7. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

Hey Poppy still searching for that diagram that i have, but in the mean time if you find any GM 5 wire steering column diagram it will be the same as what you have on yours.

8. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

I might have found it, let me know if this is the same harness colors that you have and maybe even test it with a test light to see if it matches. Hope this helps.

Wiring Schematic

White - Brake Feed
    Green - Right rear turn signal and break
    Yellow - Left rear turn signal and brake
    Purple - Turn Feed
    Brown - 4 Way Feed
    Dark Blue - Right front turn signal and indicator
    Light Blue - Left front turn signal and indicator
    Black - Ground for horn relay

9. Poppy Wagon

Poppy Wagon Member

S-10

Thanks !!!!!! I wrote that down and will try that out as soon as I get a chance.

10. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Hey Poppy,
    I sure do read more than I write on this forum. Finally something I know about.... I have a factory 92 wiring diagram for S10 (11x17, hundreds of pages for every option, pickup/blazer). If you want I will look up the wire info for you and post it or even scan in the areas in question. Mike

11. Poppy Wagon

Poppy Wagon Member

S-10

Thanks Wasp, I sure could use some info on the wherabouts of the large gauge wires ! I sure would like to get that part done, then on to the rack and pinion, Pacer suspension!