need a 55.2 cab (Cameo)

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by 52wasp, Dec 19, 2007.

1. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Hello All,
    I know this is the AD forum (I read this forum like the morning paper), but a friend here in NH needs a cab to replace the patched-together, bondo-laden one he paid too much for on Ebay. After being dipped, Frankenstein is the only word for that cab that comes to mind. Anybody out there got one? Floors or the usual cab corners not a problem. Just need one that's worth restoring. Thanks guys, and Merry Christmas to all.
    Mike, Wilton NH

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Pardon my stupid question , O.K. ? .

I thought the Cameo used the std. Task Force DeLuxe cab , no ? .

I've had some stuff dipped too and what came out of the dip was like a rusty bit of window screen or think lace made of metal :rolleyes:

3. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Nate, you are correct. I guess the cab could be any of the T-F cabs (55,56,57). The truck is a cameo though. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thankfully, when I went to pick up the stripped tin (for the 55.2 and my 53) in Toledo, I was pleasantly surprised about the condition of my 53... it was a NC truck, still in original Juniper green, and other than a few dents and cab corners from who knows how long ago, the tin was original. Yeah, she needs a bunch of patch panels, and there will be a complete Mar-K bed to boot, but I wasn't unhappy with the stripping work.

Thanks, Mike

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

So Mike ;

You're in Toledo , Ohio then ? might be a bit of a bugger to ship a whole cab there from Sunny So. Cal..... :(

You need a big window cab .

Last one I had was a red '58 step side big window Task Force , 235 and Three On The Tree , I paid $250.00 for it and drove it home , found the owner's manual tucked between the fuel tank and the back of the cab , I still have that booklet :rolleyes: .

I prolly shoulda kept the truck as it was super clean and not a touch of rust but it popped out of thrid gear on tailing throttle and I'd just rebuilt my '46 shop truck so I did a swapperoonie deal for a junker 1939 Doge and a '61 VW beetle with canvas sunroof and a bad tranny.... those were the dayze huh ? :p

5. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Nate, I live in New Hampshire (0.5 degree New Hampshire this morning). I had my '53 tin chemically derusted in Toledo, OH. My buddy trucked our tin to Toledo, and I trucked it back. As far as a cab goes, anywhere within a day's drive to pick it up would probably be OK (kind of excludes west coast, unless you make ALL the green lights). Thanks, Mike

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Finding Big Window Cabs

Well Mike ;

I used to lve in East Ringe , N.H. so I know wherof you speak .

The deal is : GM sold a lot of big window cabs on big , stripper basic farm trucks as a safety item , mosty farm trucks didn't see a lot of road use and so are sitting in a hedgerow with a good cab......

BTW : ever been to The Cathedral of The Pines ? I loved that place .