Chevy Suburban owners

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GMC Pickups Talk' started by 64burb, Dec 30, 2002.

1. 64burb

64burb Member

I need some help with some issues that are specific ony to suburban owners. Seems like most of you people are pickup owners. Nothing wrong there, I'm a PU owner too. But I need some info about suburbans. Like Carpet, head liners, anything from the cab back seems different. I own a 1964 Suburban with a liftgate rear door. It was pretty much gutted inside and no one seems to sell suburban interior parts ( at least 60s anyway ). I would like to hear from anyone about any thing that has to do with interior projects on panels or suburbans
    from 60 - 66
    Thank for your support:7

2. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

Hi Burb. I've got a 64 panel. You are correct, no aftermarket suppliers of burb interior parts. You can keep searching e_bay, sometimes there are seats but the headliner and filler panels? Forget it. I've been looking for two years and have come to the conclusion that the headliner and side panels will need to be upolstered by a custom shop.

My rear doors, (barn doors) were in bad shape and it took about a year of searching to find decent replacements.

Keep looking, because it's the hunting that the fun part.

Dvalentine