65 Chevrolet pickup

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by carguy1, Nov 28, 2008.

1. carguy1

carguy1 Member

I purchased a 65 Chevrolet pickup at Barrett Jackson Las Vegas several weeks ago. It features a complete restoration and some pretty neat options. It is a short bed camper special with factory air, 409, and three on the tree.

My friend worked in the Chevrolet zone in 65 and he swears that a 409 could be ordered in a 65 pickup. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also, the wheels and tires are not correct. Does anyone have any idea of what model number wheels should be on the truck as well as tires as delivered from the factory.

Barrett Jackson's description (761.1):

Rare date code correct 409 engine and loaded with options. Rotisserie restoration to mint condition.

Description A stunning 1965 Chevrolet C-10 409 Camper custom short bed truck. This spectacular truck has been through a meticulous frame-off restoration. The body is arrow-straight and painted in a green and white paint that is flawless. All of the chrome, trim, glass and step rear bumper are show ready. The oak bed is like brand new. Steel wheels with poverty caps and black wall tires complete the incredible exterior. The platinum color interior is also in showroom condition. This interior has factory gauges, tachometer, 4-way flasher, power steering, power brakes and factory air conditioning. Under the hood is the high torque date code correct 409 4-barrel engine. This engine compartment is just as incredible as the rest of this truck. The undercarriage is unbelievable. Spiral shocks, dual exhaust, 3-speed manual transmission and 12-bolt rear end all look like factory new. This C-10 409 short bed is breath-taking.

2. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

sounds like a nice truck, any pics? never heard of a 409 in a 65. i dont believe they had any v8 options until 66. Dval will be the man of knowledge to answer your questions. welcome to the forum. im not even going to ask what you paid for it at barrett jackson. :eek:

3. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

YES, the truck could be ordered with the 409 engine option !! Pretty rare in a pickup, but was common in the larger trucks .....

Val

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  4. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

thats cool, i would have liked to have found one with that option!!

5. 283 man

283 man Member

thats cool can you get pictures for us:)