Looking for long lost 1958 Chevy impala convertible

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by 66convt, Aug 14, 2006.

1. 66convt

66convt Member

Hi I just found this website and figured I'd do some research as stranger things have been found over time. Years ago back in 1984 my father completed a ground up restoration on a 1958 Chevy impala convertible. It was a 3 year project. This car was totally restored inside & out to concours standards. Anyway the car was featued on the cover of Antique Automobile, Late Great Chevy and a couple of others in 1984. It also recieved the AACA Senior award in 1984. Due to family health issues the car had to be sold in 1985. At that time I was 10 years old. The car was from a suburb of Philadelphia PA called Huntingdon Valley. It was rio red with a red silver black interior and white top. Amazingly there seems to be many this color combo. Our shop was listed in some of the articles and to this day those who find the old magazines at swapmeets give us a call to get information about the car and if we still have it. This is what got me wondering about the cars location. I know when it went up for auction there was a company called Tomahawk involved but that was about it. I looked for the vin # but I don't know what happeded to the paper work. Is there a 1958 Chevy registry or other areas to check? Thanks Anthony