road draft tube...

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Pecez_Leftova, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Pecez_Leftova

Pecez_Leftova Member

Hey forum,
    I was hoping I could could get better attention in here than in the looking for parts forum. I'm looking for a road draft tube for my 235. I have a Pcv valve in it right now and it looks really stupid. I have been on ebay for weeks and am coming up empty handed. Does anyone have one I can buy off them for reasonable price?? Thanks, Ryan

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Ryan ;

I am sure there's one on some junker engine for you , please sell me the PCV one you've got now....

I don't have a spare road draft tube else I'd swap you one .

Remember : _NEVER_ bead blast a road draft tube ! it'll wreck your engine .

To clean a road draft tube , wait untill SWMBO is away and fire up the barbie and cook it ~ it'll smoke like the dickens and stink awfull but it will burn out all the 50 year old oil sludge .

When it's all done after several hours of ' cooking ' remove it and allow to cool , rinse out them wire brush well , final rinse with ether (starting fluid) and paint with gloss black RustOleum , NO PRIMER , it'll look as new and work well too .

-Nate

3. coilover

coilover Member

How many do you need? Evan

4. Pecez_Leftova

Pecez_Leftova Member

I only need one Evan, can you assist? Thanks... and Thank you too Nate! Unfortuneately, I dont think you want my $2.98 black platic china PCV valve malformed construity. When I bought my truck, I was perplexed as to why the hole to where the old road draft tube was capped off and there where holes drilled into my oil bath air cleaner. I heard it was because of crazy air pollution reforms back in the 70's???

5. coilover

coilover Member

I think CD lets members contact each other through them, if not , let me know and I'll give you my shop phone #.

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

RE:Member Contact

Look in the uper right corner of the message box and you'll see some links to make IM's , E-mails and private messages ~ I discovered this after I'd been a member for a long time , missed quite a few messages , oops .

No , don't want / need plastic crap but a PCV valve is a good idea , makes your engine cleaner and last much longer too....

-Nate