Gas tank relocation

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by bigdan473, Dec 19, 2008.

1. bigdan473

bigdan473 Member

I don't know if this has been aksed but here goes. How much trouble is it to relocate the gas tank from the cab to the back between the frame rails? I've seen kits and it's pretty much the surburban kit, but what about the filler neck and door? I don't want the filler in the bed floor.

2. gitrunindady

gitrunindady Member

depending on how much of a customizer/fabricator you are, theres a sweet ass flexible/rubber filler neck that you could run from the blazer tank up and behind the driver side tail light...cant remember who sells it but its out there.
    g.t.

3. 69chevytruck

69chevytruck Member

Gas tank

The 49-52 chevy fleetline will work with a little trim of the frame; quarter inch

4. toad

toad Member

Hi:
    I have a 69 c-10, and moved mine under the bed where the spair tire goes. I took a fill door off a 2002 chevrolet and welded it in the quarter panel and put in a fill tube to the tank. works great.

Toad

5. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Check out my build thread. I used the 49-52 Chevy passenger car tank. It's quite a bit of work but is completely hidden after completion of the installation. The Blazer style tanks hang down and are visible from the rear of the truck. Some people don't mind that look, I don't care for it.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011