parts are so hard to find

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by generalmotor, Dec 13, 2006.

1. generalmotor

generalmotor Member

This is a rant I admit it I have a 1960 chevrolet and finding parts are murder I have had the truck at the body shop well the cab is at the body shop and it is almost done. But what good is having a cab if you dont have doors. The damn thing front end parts rebuilt everything brakes steering and everything is top notch motor all rebuilt setting on the frame. Had a bed someone stole it from behind the shop good thing the frame and cab and bed were'nt together they probably would have stole the whole damned thing. I wish I wouldnt have inherited this thing.....

2. 283 man

283 man Member

takes a lot of hard work and time know what you mean about some one stealing parts had a v-8 283 motor took from my Dads house back in earily 80s it had just been rebuilt new everything in the motor Dad and I were getting ready to put it in whats now my 1966c-10 shortbed fleetside that was Dads.Made me so mad still does but live goes on, I can help you with a bed it has both sides no floor rails and the tailgate for $100.00 dollars look on my parts post in under 1966 hood for sale hood is sold but pitchers of bed sides need work buyer pays shipping handling& you can easily make it into a shortbed:) .Thanks

3. generalmotor

generalmotor Member

You know what was shitty the bed was done all that had to be done was shot with paint. I didnt have to pay for the work done and his insurance gave me a whoppin 300 bucks for it. That was the only good thing. Now I am in a search once again hopefully I will find another maybe a complete truck