73-87 Camper Special Stuff Wanted

Discussion in 'Truck Parts Wanted' started by GonicGM, Mar 1, 2009.

1. GonicGM

GonicGM Member

Looking for any Camper Special equipment:

Factory tie downs and brackets for bed.
    Chromed tie down plates at upper rear corner of front fenders.
    chromed tie down springs and turnbuckles
    dual battery harnesses and relays (for gas engine, not diesel)
    camper harness
    camper special 8600 9600 10000 emblems
    trailering special 15000 emblems
    any other related
    Thanks,
    Gregg

2. GonicGM

GonicGM Member

still looking

3. billy b

billy b Member

South East, Ga. Short distance from Columbus, Ga.
    i think i got the tie downs in an original nos box. if you have the part number i can verify. Also got an nos in the box, aluminum step that goes into the side body.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  4. GonicGM

GonicGM Member

I appreciate the response! I have the GM parts book. It may be quicker and easier if you give me the GM group and part number off the boxes and I will look them up. If they work for me, great. If not, I'll let you what they are and fit for you to sell to some one else. How does that sound?

5. Pontiac1976

Pontiac1976 Member

I do not have a book on hand but is the duel Batt long Positive cable that goes to the Positive to Positive the same, then you just order the right and left Grounds & Positive to the starter for your motor.????? :confused:

I always thought the diesel long Positive cable that goes to the Positive to Positive the same as all motor. Because the side mounting for the Batt are in the same place for the 73-80 at least for the V8's 305, 307, 350, 400, 454, 379

6. GonicGM

GonicGM Member

Camper Dual Batteries

I don't think so. If they were tied directly together, you could drain both through use of the camper 12v circuit and end up with an inoperable vehicle.

I have the parts book and the service manual/wiring diagrams. At some point I will look it up.

If I remember/understand correctly, the two batterys are completely isolated unless the ignition is on. One battery carries standard duty to start and operate the vehicle. The other is dedicated to the camper. I believe the camper battery may have nothing more than 10 gauge leads to it. There would be at least one chassis ground and one lead to the camper harness. Past that, there is a normally open relay, mounted to the fender inner skin, that closes with ignition on. The assumption is that with the ignition on, the vehicle is running or will be running with alternator output. With the relay closed, the batteries are electrically tied through the alternator such that both are charging with the vehicle running. Once the vehicle is shut off, the relay opens and the batteries are disconnected. The camper battery can be drawn upon for camper requirements while the vehicle battery maintains untouched. The relay looks very similar to the A/C relay and may be the same one.

7. billy b

billy b Member

South East, Ga. Short distance from Columbus, Ga.
    cargo tie down

Gr. 17.090 part # 994665 cargo tie down-new in box with instructions

Gr.8225 part#986838 side panel step unit-new in box with template, gasket, screws.

Thanks for the help.

8. Pontiac1976

Pontiac1976 Member

Ok it sound like the duel Batt would be hook up the same. the main Batt hook up like normal. Except that camper batt would have two Positive cables one longone thatgoes from the Positive to Positive of both Batt. Then camper batt have second Positive wire to the relay & (may have a second junction block or a ford style solenoid )as you have said & one chassis ground then Positive wire offthejunction block or a ford style solenoid to the camper.:confused: If you have a manual on the wiring could you send me pic's write up on it.

I had duel Batt in my 77 1/2 ton but no camper.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. GonicGM

GonicGM Member

I didn't find these numbers in the 73-78 or 79-84 parts book. Is it possible these are 72-back parts? I'll look there next.

10. GonicGM

GonicGM Member

I Didn't find in the 1946-1972 GM parts book. The group numbers have been legitimate in all parts books but no success on the numbers provided. GMC and Chevrolet carried there own series of numbers in that vintage for same actual parts. Early Chevrolet is 7 digit beginning with 36 37 38 or 39, later with 8 digit starting with 140. GMC had seven digit numbers starting with 625 and 626. Often the parts books would list the equivalent part numbers for the sister make. Six digit numbers starting with 9 are often accessory part numbers. FWIW