Arizona Salvage Yards

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by jmather, Dec 26, 2006.

1. jmather

jmather Member

I'm in the Phoenix area. Where are all those famous salvage yards with all the great trucks.
    Jeff

2. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Nate must have gotten to them first

:eek: :D I think there was a Nate sighting!:D

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Could be..... :D

If you're in Pheonix , go to the south side of town , I forget the name of the Blvd. they're all on but there's plenty of them and some have old cars & trucks , even the Pick-A-Part gets vintage tin from time to time .

I'd look in Heming's Motor News or Cars & Parts for the names of the larger , outlying junkyards that're chock full of AD's and such , I know I've posted names and locations of same but most of them are pretty proud of thier parets , cheaper to buy new Caddilac parts from the Dealer in Scottsdale ! :eek:

There's a posatively HUGE one in either Miracle Valley or maybe it was Hidden Valley... _extremely_ $pendy tho' .

4. sloromon

sloromon Member

maybe in some of the small towns nearby. casa grande, bisbee, maybe buckeye, sedona, definately springerville up north. anyway, if you're out there for some reason, keep an eye out, ive seen ADs pop up in those old farm towns.

jon

5. sloromon

sloromon Member

good to see you on here, BTW, i'm trying to get on with Phoenix fire department, hopefully be moving there soon!!

jon

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Finding Az. Vintage yards

Oh yeah : just go find old Rt. 66 and head east , you'll be innundated with old cars and trucks . prolly west of you too but I havn't driven west of Pheonix on Rt. 66 in 20 odd years so who knows...:rolleyes:

Off I-20 in wet Texas too , there's lots of good vintage tin lying around... :D

7. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

Why is it that out west they have all of this vintage tin lieing around that isn't rusted out and most of them running, when all we get out here in Ky, Tn area is rusted out cars that need ALOT of work and forget about them running. It's just not fair.:mad: :mad:

Okay enought with the complaining, I'm just jealous. I've tried talking my wife into vacationing out there, but she knows I'll want to go out junking. Maybe Dad and I can go stay with Ken for a week and go out junking. Man what fun!!!:p

8. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

The Eternal Question = WHY ?

I hear you !

I grew up in New England , home of rusty old junkers , I put a LOT of plywood in open floorboards back in the day , more than once I crawled up underneath a clunker to pinch shut a rusted off brake line by hammering it closed with a big rock :eek: .

Then I hit the road to see the U.S.A. in 1969 and LO ! I get to sunnySo. California and folks are scrapping out old cars with nice paint because they have two bald tires and bad brakes with only 79,000 miles on a '41 Chevy Coupe :eek: WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE ?! :eek: :rolleyes:

So , I moved out here and I no longer need to worry about getting stuck driving a new car :rolleyes: I just jump into my latest saved from the crusher P.O.S. and roar off into the SMOG , er , I mean : sunset.... :cool:

Of course , the old Mercedes hot rod I'm currently driving is rusted like swiss cheese -sigh- I just cannot seem to escape rusty junk :p

9. zeitlerusmc

zeitlerusmc Member

hidden valley junk yard is the most famous, its in hidden valley az, also lower buckeye in phoenix is the name of the street thats lined with junkyards. hidden valley is strictly pre mmmmm 75 i would say, but they want a lot for there parts! good luck. I'm from az too