65 long wheelbase chevy body style

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by Dspoomjr, May 25, 2003.

1. Dspoomjr

Dspoomjr Member

How rare are the 65 long wheelbase chevy. I want to rebuild one but want to know how far to go with it. I dont see many in Alabama. Thanks Dspoomjr.

2. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

A restoration will depend on the condition of the truck number 1. I would't expect to restore one and get the price of a SS big block Chevelle though.

If you are looking at restoring for resale value the numbers produced means little compared to the desireability of the vehicle. A long bed seems to be not as desireable as a short bed. ( To Some Not All !!)

If you want to restore that longbed, do it because YOU love it and not because of what you think you will get for it after you are done. Ask any restorer and he will tell you that usually you put more into restoring a vehicle than you will get back on sale.

That's my 2 cents worth..

DValentine

3. tech1

tech1 Member

RE: 65 long wheelbase

There are a few out there. They are starting to get real popular. If you don't have any in your area, that makes it better for you when showing or selling it, because it's not like having a truck that everybody and their brother owns. Those are neat trucks and can be made to look really tuff.

4. Dspoomjr

Dspoomjr Member

RE: 65 long wheelbase

Thanks Tech1, She's a keeper and we will see how she fairs after I put cab corners and a fresh coat of paint on her. I'll put before and after Pic's on after I finish. Thanks Dspoomjr.:)