wiper switch

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by mark64, Oct 23, 2005.

1. mark64

mark64 Member

I have a 64 fleetside that is in need of a wiper switch. I find that nobody has any and are not reproduced yet. I found and bought (returnable) from Newport Engineering a wiper switch. It is designed to go with their motor, but electrically should be the same they say. The wiring diagram just tells me what colors go where. (the colors of their motor wiring harness)
    Any other sources for the switch that is a exact replica? and wiring info for what I have?
    Thanks

2. 283 man

283 man Member

Chevy Dutys catalog book shows the wiper motor for sale with/3Terminals or with/4Terminals,but it doesnt show the wiper switch in the catalog?

3. 58 chevy

58 chevy Guest

Unfortunatley no one is making the switch at this time, hopefully soon some one will start making them.

Jesse Hazell Chevy Duty Tech.

4. David65stepside

David65stepside Member

I have a 65 stepside and have the same problem. My switch is coming apart and I have tried to put it back together. My problem is that I can turn my wipers on but they won't go of until I turn the key off and keep it off for at least five minutes or so. I can even unplug the connector from the switch and the wipers don't go off until I've turned the key of for awhile.

What did you end up doing to solve your problem?

Thanks
    Attachments:
    https://talk.classicparts.com/images/attachments/43724f7006e0053a.jpghttps://talk.classicparts.com/images/attachments/43724f7e08c8058e.html

5. mark64

mark64 Member

I feel kind of dumb about this but my problem with the wiper switch was it wasn't tightened down enough and didin't get a good ground connection. I saw sparks coming from the switch/dash junction when I turned on the wipers and thought the switch was burning itself down so I just cleaned everything up and It's all working good now except for my washer motor.

AS for your stepside it sounds like you need a new switch. somebody in the group offered to sell one to me but then I fixed mine. you may need a new wiper motor park switch. You may need to get the whole motor assembly but those are available.

Good luck
    Mark Staub