Need Original 60 Chevy Truck Hood

Discussion in 'Truck Parts for Sale' started by cssreb, Jul 22, 2002.

1. cssreb

cssreb Member

Hi..

I am looking for a 1960 original truck hood. Does anyone have one?

Thanks ..Russ

2. 60 apache

60 apache Member

RE: 60 Chevy Truck Hood

www.usbody.com has a 60-61 fiberglass hood if you would be interested in one of those.

60 Apache

3. cssreb

cssreb Member

RE: 60 Chevy Truck Hood

Hey 60 Apache..

Thanks for the information. I saw the hood there and if I couldn't get metal, I would go that way. By the way, did you see they have the entire cab in fiberglass.. imagine that.. hate to see one of those in an accident..

Anyway.. Thanks..

PS. Thanks to Hank who sent me an email. I have the hood you sold me on the truck and it looks great!! Let me know if you plan to sell the other 61 hood you have!!

..Russ

4. luvmy67

luvmy67 Member

Original 60 Chevy Truck Hood

russ, i do have a 61 hood in decent condition. it has a very little rust spot on the left side, but it is very minor. let me know if you are interested. hope i can help.:7

5. 60 apache

60 apache Member

RE: Original 60 Chevy Truck Hood

John,

What is your location and is the rust in the front of the hood or in the back?

6. luvmy67

luvmy67 Member

russ, i'm in s.e. new mexico. the hood has a little rust coming through the left side, the bottom half in about the center of it. let me try this again. the left side, bottom where the hood meets the fender. it's just above the left tire. does that help? it is very minor, i just want you to know the details. i can send you a picture. do you want it complete? it still has the turn signals, hood emblem, side emblems Apache. they are in great shape. you can have it all for $150.00 sound fair? let me know if you are still interested and i can get you some pictures. thanks.

7. 60 apache

60 apache Member

I wish you was closer to me. I live in VA. I just went to Chicago and picked up a 1960 hood. I paid $350 for it and it cost me $170 in gas.
    But this hood is almost perfect and thats hard to find.

60 Apache

8. luvmy67

luvmy67 Member

russ, sounds like a deal if it was in that good of condition. sorry i couldn't help. shipping could sometimes be a problem though, i understand. if there is anything else i can help you with, let me know.:7