Aftermarket Heater

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Grease Monkey, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Grease Monkey

Grease Monkey Member

I have begun to look at the heater in the truck and realized that it is an aftermarket heater. Does anybody know anything about this unit, what it is, how to disassemble, etc. Thanks, Cody

http://i56.tinypic.com/91dsmx.jpg
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  2. Flashlight

Flashlight Member

Greeneville, Tennessee....Looking out over the Smo
    Type I haven't seen before

There are 3 common factory types with parts available for the factory set-ups. They are commonly found on Ebay. Unless someone knows this one and it is a rare find, I might look for a factory, Fresh-Aire system that just bolts in.

There are lots of tech articles for tearing down and refinishing the Fresh-Aire model. Someone here may even have an extra one.

Flashlight

3. JW 54

JW 54 Member

Arvin Hot water heater

I have the same one in my truck. Works great lots of heat on those cold Texas winter mornings. Check E Bay out. Also Google to get more info. Sorry I don't know much more than this.

JW

4. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Looks like an old Arvin aftermarket heater to me. Lots of info by googling "arvin heater", although the company also made plug in electric heaters for home use that you will have to sift through.

5. Grease Monkey

Grease Monkey Member

Bingo! Thats exactly what it is after looking at others on the internet. Thanks for all the clues guys. Now I just need to clean the mouse nest out of it lol. Somehow gotta get it to run on 12 volt, guess I could use a resistor.