Fenton Chevy 216/235 or GMC 228-302 header set

Discussion in 'Truck Parts for Sale' started by Bill Hanlon, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

SOLD, but I can't delete the listing.

For sale: A set of Fenton Chevy 216/235 dual exhaust headers, marked "CHEV" "H604" FRONT" and "H603-REAR". They were mounted on a GMC 302 head and have had a little grinding done to the surfaces that the "hold downs" that mount on the studs contact. One of the nuts was a real PITA to get off of the GMC because of close clearance, which I think could be solved with judicious use of a Dremmel tool.

The Chevy Fenton manifolds need a bit of port "blending" when used on a GMC head that had not been done when I got the manifold. I did that and then shot the manifolds with some gray VHT paint. The port blending should not preclude their use on a Chevy 216/235 if you'd rather use them there.

I'll include the hold-down hardware that has been tweaked to fit with a GMC intake manifold.

$125 if you pick up 30 miles north of Houston Tx. They will fit in a USPS flat rate box for $18.85 + insurance.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  2. Zig

Zig Member

So may I assume that these were on your current 228?
    Just curious as to what are you going back with if they were?
    I'd love to do the split manifold/twin carb treatment, but I need to focus on my bed....

3. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

No Paul, these were on a 270 I acquired with the thought of using it in my '52 "someday". Turns out the 270 had a lot more internal damage than I thought and I'm just getting rid of the good parts from it while keeping a few for myself.

Scroll down to the 4th post in this thread for the whole story. Login To: OldGMCtrucks.com Discussion Boards

4. RidesWithYah

RidesWithYah Member

WOW.
    Sorry to read of your experience, but it's a good lesson for us faced with choosing a shop.
    The guys that are used to modern V-8s are out of their element on the old stuff -
    and some of them apparently don't do the stuff that's common correctly (ring gap alignment...)

Thanks for sharing.