Any Dallas area Shows or Swaps?

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by john1, Apr 10, 2016.

1. john1

john1 Member

I'll be in Dallas the week of April 25th for a meeting and am arriving early Saturday evening the 23rd. I need something to do on Sunday the 24th and was wondering if the Texas contingent knows of any shows or swap meets in the area. I have wheels so getting around is not a problem. Thanks, John

2. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

You're 1 weekend early! The PATE Swap Meet is Thursday through Sunday, 28 thru 1st. It's at Texas Motor Speedway in Ft, Worth. Biggest swap meet in Texas, I think. It covers the track parking lot. If you come down "Petty Avenue" you'll likely see me and Clarabelle there, too. I think Evan goes each year as well.

3. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Planning to swap some lifters before you go?

4. john1

john1 Member

Not my spring, I'm a week early for Pate, and I miss the Jefferson WI swap also. Don't know how big Pate is, Jefferson usually has over 3000 seller sites. Of course I rarely buy, just an excuse to get out and look.

Thanks, John

5. coilover

coilover Member

They are expecting about 8000 venders at Pate this year. I think I will try to make it by Bill and Clarabelle and do the rows on the level. Going to skip the car corral and the ones on the slope even though it's a gentle one. Of course all is weather dependent.

6. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Hey Evan, we'll be South of Petty, on 7th Ave. Same as before,(We've been at the same location for about 10 years). If I'm not there, have one of the guys call me!