A great day with my dad~

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Zig, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Zig

Zig Member

This is kind of old truck related, since we drove out to our little airport here in town in my old truck.
    They had a few old WWII airplanes fly in to put on a show. I asked my dad if he'd want to check it out, so we did. It was so great to have him riding shotgun in that truck of mine that you all helped me build.
    Anyway, you know I had to supply photos, right?
    Yes, the car has a V-12 Allison engine out of a p-38, hooked to a Richmond Super Street five-speed OD passed on to a Currie nine-inch Ford with a 2:47 ratio.
    The front brakes are modified Buick drums.
    I mean, he's only stopping 1840 HP at 3,000 RPM in a car that weighs 3,200 pounds, right?
    The owner, Cliff Hix, replaced the dual magnetos with twin distributors he designed himself...
    In fact, he made most every part of this car because that's what he does. Builds stuff.
    He's what you might call an engineering genius.
    I know his wife has good taste. She bought every last piece of artwork I had to sell a few years ago. #cool# DSCN0280.JPG DSCN0284.JPG DSCN0286.JPG DSCN0283.JPG

2. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Woulda run better with QJet carbs, given the connection between Allison and GM.

Sounds like you had a great day Paul.

Zig likes this.
  3. Deve

Deve Member

Nice! I wish everyday I still had my Dad, so cherish those moments. Good for you!

Zig likes this.
  4. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Zig. Nicely done. Get a bed on that darned thing.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  5. Zig

Zig Member

I would love nothing better~ I'm sad to hear Tom's Truck Parts is going to auction as I am still not ready to pay for fenders and a tailgate.
    It will still be a while until I have a bed on this thing, or glass in my doors so I can drive during rain/really cold weather. #frown#
    Oh well. Yesterday was fun anyway. #wink#

6. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

I pulled my posting because I heard that Tom's place is NOT shutting down, just having a "sale".

7. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

Nice pair of "TEXAN" trainers!

Steve.