HELP - Need a source for lower rear door window run channel bracket

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by cmkruse, Jul 14, 2017.

1. cmkruse

cmkruse Member

Well a couple years ago I bought a set of good door shells and now that I'm trying to build them up and install them I see that the brackets for the rear window run channel have been stripped out. These are the ones that are located at the rear of the door interior and it looks like they mount with two screws. I see LMC has them for second series trucks but not for the 49 - 53 If anyone knows of a source for good replacements I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks.

2. coilover

coilover Member

Craig,
    I'm sure I have some but really not in the parts selling business. Joe, at Dead Zone truck parts probably has some already pulled from junk doors so give him a call. If you have the tools it would be very easy to fill the stripped holes with either brass or weld and then make new holes. Brass would be easier to work with, be plenty strong for this application, and would never rust. If all else fails PM me and I'll give you the brackets but charge shop time for going to the storage yard and pulling them. You could also save me from a bunch of mosquito bites if you sent them to me and I fixed them.

3. DeadZoneTruckin

DeadZoneTruckin Member

1947-1950 are specific to those year doors only.
    1951 - 55.1 are specific to those year doors only.

Not sure which ones you need but we have a good selection of nice used original units for both applications.

PM us for more info. IMG_5354.JPG

Attached Files:

4. cmkruse

cmkruse Member

Coilove thanks for the offer but I mis-stated my dilemma. The brackets are totally missing. I'll save you those mosquito bites and see if DZ can provide the needed parts. Thanks for the offer though.

5. cmkruse

cmkruse Member

DZ, I need the ones in the top of your picture I believe. It's for a 49. I couldn't get the PM function to work so here's my straight email address if you can send me the purchase details. cmkruse@centurylink.net

thanks
    Craig

6. cmkruse

cmkruse Member

THANKS DZ, You've saved me a couple of times now. Sure glad you have parts for these ol trucks. :)