Texas Truck Plates

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Blueflame236, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

I feel the lonesome mann without these original registration plates ! The inspector of the Traffic control / Road network came to gather them , why after so years ? When the USA Texas title was delivered many years ago and i thought the plates where mine ? But they are gone and i don't seem them again.

Is it possible to buy copies or fake ones with my Texas truck lonely star ?

I still have some pictures with the number/letters

2. coilover

coilover Member

Joe, who has Desert Truck Parts and makes the third seat for Suburbans makes license plates but don't know about Texas plates. It is not a cheap process. An older man, now retired, used to make some for us using dead soft copper and hardwood stamps. He had a tracing (or copying) mill that could do the details for the blanks and the make the letters/number stamps. These plates were very easy to ding up so had to be in fully enclosed frames but they did have good detail. Has wood cutting season started yet? Others can give you a way to reach Joe.

3. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Thank so much Evan how are you doing . Are you still very busy in your shop ? Did noticing anything from the storms in your part of the country hope not .
    Nice talking to you Martinius.

It sound like a good idea with the older gentleman , a friend of you or maybe an earlier customer in the shop ? But then i need his name and address to get in contact with him !

4. coilover

coilover Member

Hey Martinius,
    I guess your far enough north that your wood business is getting busy. Shop is very busy with a 2 year waiting list to get in the door. The older man that used to make ours had one foot amputated (diabetes) and is slowly making progress with his prosthetic foot but I don't know if he will ever return to his wood working shop. The Joe I mentioned has Dead Zone trucking and posts on this sight regularly. He used to make vintage plates. Nice hearing from you;
    Evan

5. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

6. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Hey Evan

Thank you for your reply , nice to read that your shop is going so well. About the older mann , i get wait until he is getting better ! I know Joe "Dead Zone" and is making these plates thank for this information. Now about the farming here up north here is going very well to , my son has been taking over the business now. But there always work for a pension guy like me on a farm you now . I still work together with him every day and i love the work . He has new plans to start is on mechanic shop for reparations and service on agricultural machinery , blasting metal components and welding , car/tractors/paint shop.

Regards Nice to hearing from you to. Thanks Martinius.

7. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Hey Bill

Thank you for this information and the link to the web page. I will look in to it and read what they say , thank you for this. The purpose to buy new fake Texas plates or classic plates from USA is that the plates are taken by the norwegian government The law implies that the signs are mine when the original title from Texas is shown to them. I would put them on the wall as a nice reminder but i wanna to be honest when i shows the pickup some years ago . Its a part of this pickup and i feel sorry for that.
    Is that any sense ?

Its nice to hear from you , do you bought any GMC after the crash some year ago or did you kept the red GMC pickup wanted make as a good riding car again ? I remember the pictures you show us and i was very happy nothing happened with you .

Regards Martinius.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  8. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

9. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Hey again Bill

Yes you are right , i missed the thread that you have bought another GMC truck :) I am so interested to know if you upgraded more this good looking truck sinds you bought it ?

Good to hear that your health is still good sinds that crash . I skål with a beer for that.

Nice to talk with you Martinius.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018