Motor mount

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by glen55, Nov 13, 2008.

1. glen55

glen55 Member

Has any one got or seen a one piece motor mount that is like a horseshoe that bolts to the front mount holes on a small block then joins together and sits on the crossmember. i think they were in around 62-65 chev trucks, but apparently they are now rare . Thanks for any help.:)

2. cowboy357

cowboy357 Member

3. glen55

glen55 Member

That is not it , but it sure is in the ballpark. I will need to raise it up a bit but that just might work. You are the man cowboy, thanks.

4. chevymantrucks

chevymantrucks Member

Glenn55,

Do you mean the old gmc front "U" V-8 mount?If you mean that i have been looking for years :( and just can't find them i use after market cross members now.They were unstable and thats why they are hard to find everyone trashed them.

Cliff

5. glen55

glen55 Member

I think you might be right, I have a line on a Hurst front mount or Soeedway has a nice one. One way or the other I will get this engine in.thaks for your help.

6. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

The 55.2-59 GMC V8 U mount was the same as used on 55-59 Pontiac V8s. The top of the U mounted to the engine at the bottom of the timing cover using two 3/8" bolts. The bottom of the U had two holes that the rubber front engine mount went through. These are the only pictures I have. Because of the angle the U shape isn't very prominent in these pictures.

Attached Files:

7. chevymantrucks

chevymantrucks Member

Hey,

I meant to say the "U" front mount to put a chevy small block in the Gmc front mount location.

Cliff