216/235 Rajo Intake

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by destryrideagain, Nov 11, 2010.

1. destryrideagain

destryrideagain Member

2. brit 50

brit 50 Member

Museum

Awesome site dude

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Well ;

Impressive gains can be achieved by simply massaging the stock head a bit....

Improving volumetric efficiancy will wake up any engine...

4. bigtimjamestown

bigtimjamestown Member

Nice web site. Did somebody say impressive gains could be made by massaging the head? tims pics 026.jpg

tims pics 025.jpg .120 shaved off the head .008 off the block, recessed valves, ported and rocker arm towers shimmed for proper geometry. With the 9.5-1 .030 over Jans pistons we figure my 261 to be at 10.5-1 compression. Of course with all that compression we made special 4 bolt main caps and had to drill the block to accept them then cut the center weight off the crank shaft and re balanced then radius all the oil holes and cross drilled for better oiling. Then the rods were shot peened and I beam ground then weighed, with ARP rod bolts installed. Cliffords R@D custom made a aluminum fly wheel. There's not much to working a head over but if you want them to live then it's gonna cost a lot of $$$$. It's always the weakest link that breaks and it's never ending once you get started....Big Tim :cool:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  5. brit 50

brit 50 Member

Respect

Big Jim, I know ive been ragging on you recently but i have a new found respect for you, thats an awesome motor you got there, its too easy to go down the 350/350 route as so many do, to take the road less used like you have deserves respect,

I will from now on call you by your real name......Ji,,,,Tim!!!:cool:

6. bigtimjamestown

bigtimjamestown Member

Thanks Brit, see that didn't hurt tooooooo bad, did it? probably didn't leave a nasty taste in your mouth either. lol....BIG TIM :D

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

More Power

There's different ways to achieve it , as I don't like the ' weak link ' thing , I prefer to build a well balanced , low compression engine that breathes really well ~ this way it's never going to spine the tires but it just winds up like a locomotive off idle and you don't have to worry about it flying apart @ speed .

Of course ,this typ of engine build isn't useful to race with but it'll be the bee's knees for laying on lots of fun miles at high speeds for hours on end....

8. bigtimjamestown

bigtimjamestown Member

All that sounds great and is probably a good idea for most but it's just not enough fun for me....:D