Good Bye , Old Paint

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by vwnate1, Feb 28, 2012.

1. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

My 1949 3100 served me very well for many years & miles but it's been sitting so long the battery is beyond charging sufficiently to start it and the brakes leaked out , Richard says he's bringing a flat bed & $6,000.00 to - morrow so it's bye bye baby , I hope she's happy & well taken care of .

Over the years I got more parts & help from the good people on this board than from anywhere else and for that I say : THANK YOU GENTLEMEN :cool: .

He says he'll prolly upgrade it to some newer fuel injected engine , I told him the running gear and any cast off parts will find good homes right here if he offers them affordably .

It is time but I'm still sad , there's no turning back from this no matter how much I like my Old Man's Truck C/10 :( .

2. Flashlight

Flashlight Member

Greeneville, Tennessee....Looking out over the Smo
    Boo-Hoo!!

I feel bad too! Like someone in the family has gone missing, also lament the fact its going to be retro fitted. Like we say here in the hills...lets..."Git R' Drunk".;)

3. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Ken drives a Furd. Nate dumps his AD. The next thing you know Zig will be driving a Chevy.

4. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Drove them both this weekend Bill! Great weather here for cruisin'! And just for the record, when I cut myself, I bleed Bowtie red:D

Sorry to hear about your loss Nate. I know you have fond memories of her! I will toast her tonight.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  5. fab51

fab51 Member

I can't believe it... I remember the stories about parts running in the '49. It is almost like I was there. :)

I certainly hope that the advice won't stop flowing just because you don't have the truck anymore.

6. Zig

Zig Member

Nutz!

Well, you did give us "advanced" warning. Just don't change your avatar, and don't fade from this site! We'll provide plenty of pictures to keep your mind clear on what they look like. :rolleyes:

Bill~ My GMC ain't goin' nowhere! (And not just because it's all apart, either! :D)

Getting close to Spring Break, and maybe some quality time with that truck of mine!

7. DeadZoneTruckin

DeadZoneTruckin Member

Wow Nate that truck is a piece of history.

I will never forget the bumper sticker you had on the back of that truck.

^^ Passing Side - Suicide ^^

It's hard letting them go sometimes but, ya gotta do what ya gotta do & let someone else have fun with them after you are done with 'em.

If it's any consolation.... that $6 grand will feel great in yer pocket after she is gone.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  8. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Hey Joe, you mean this one?:D

hall_nathan_1949_01.jpg

9. DeadZoneTruckin

DeadZoneTruckin Member

Yea ! thats it !

I had that picture saved on my old computer from when me & Nate used to
    rattle each other cages over on the SBP.... over 10 years ago.

I ended up losing the picture when I transfered my files from the old computer to the new one.

Thanks for posting it Ken :D

10. SinclairChevy

SinclairChevy Member

Being a new guy here, I haven't had the privilege of hearing all of the great stories... but I will certainly express the benefit of 'knowing' ya, Nate. Like the others, I hope you stick around to help the next generation of AD fans to do things right.

Damon

11. ccharr

ccharr Member

Sometimes, time will not let you enjoy your tresures.
    Sad to see the Chevy go, but I know Nate enjoys that new truck.
    Hope the new owner enjoys it as much as Nate has over the years.

12. Zig

Zig Member

Hey, Master~

Was part of the selling agreement that the new owner of your truck becomes a member here so we can see what he's doing with your classic ride?

13. brit 50

brit 50 Member

Sad

I for one will raise a cold one in salute Nate, sad times, stick around old chap!

14. mobileortho

mobileortho Member

Say it aint so!!:(

15. federale

federale Member

Re:Old Paint

A sad day in truckdom,we never saw it coming.:(

16. AZ58Cameo

AZ58Cameo Member

NATE Does This Mean You Will Be Getting That Cameo?

17. Flashlight

Flashlight Member

Greeneville, Tennessee....Looking out over the Smo
    Well, kids....its more like, instead of going off the the packing plant to be rendered, its got a new home at the petting farm. Now isn't that more tolerable?

18. Wolf

Wolf Member

At least you are smart enough to sell it, instead of just hanging on to it just to hang on to it and letting it rust away. It sounds like it is going to a good home!

Please don't just leave us Nate. You know I will always post a few pics of that long motor for ya;) Heck maybe just to get you to stay I may get a video up too!!!

19. Zig

Zig Member

Do it, do it, do it!
    Nate isn't leaving us now. He had that chance when he posed as a hood ornament for the taxi company out there.
    I just hope we can keep track of that ride of his. Where it's gone, who the curvasious female that will pose in front of that grille...

*sigh*

20. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Zig, I got to thinking the other night whether or not I want to see what the new owner does to Nate's truck. First off, the new owner has threatened to drop a, dare I say it:eek:, V-hate engine in it! Blasphamy to a Nate mobile! Then, he'll probably ditch those primo '41-48 hub caps and put some fancy-assed mag wheels on it;). And oh, Heaven forbid, he paints it "METALLIC"!:(

I think Nate needs a new avatar with the lovely and talented Shirley striking a pose in front of the new green '69 Natemobile!