new here/ probs with Fentons

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by cantdrivemall, Jun 27, 2013.

1. cantdrivemall

cantdrivemall Member

Hi all, im new to this forum from Calif.
    To begin with, im having major problems with my new Fenton headers.It seems like they dont lay flat against the head and keep leaking. Had them on and off 3 times now. Guy at the exaust shop said i may have to have them machined down?
    Its a 235 in a 53 pickup with powerglide conversion from '60s
    Thanks for your help,
    Ant

2. Guest5979

Guest5979 Guest

see if you cant send them back to place you bought them from and exchange for another set and would like more info on your power glide
    robert

3. ccharr

ccharr Member

Welcome aboard, sorry to hear you are having some problems. Have you set the intake and exhaust on a level surface to see if everything is close?

Did you also get the dual fenton headers or kept the stock exhaust?
    If you kept the stock exhaust you may have to have the new setup sent and machined, if the stock exhaust was used, loosen all of it including the part the marries the intake and the exhaust, bolt the whole system to the head tight as the book states and then tighten the middle together. I just went through this four times. Start it up drive it around the block let it cool some then start it and let it warm up tighten the bolts again if you hear any leaks.

If you still have leaks go do what Robert just suggested and get a exchange or refund and then buy a good set from Joe here from our forum
    (DeadZoneTruckin) .

4. DeadZoneTruckin

DeadZoneTruckin Member

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  5. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Headers and manifold Fenton copy

Welcome aboard!

The KC. Smith Group Fenton Products are product protected by Law and making a bad copy is not a good buisness what so ever even if the copy is cheaper then its original.:eek:

I would advice you to return the headers and manifold back to the dealer where you bought them from if your not satisfied with them and buy the good parts from KC Smith Group through Joe (DeadzoneTruckin) whom sells them for an Nice price.

Martinius.

6. graham

graham Member

I got a set of headers and intake from Joe and haven't had any problems.