Veteran's Day

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by irace2win41, Nov 11, 2013.

1. irace2win41

irace2win41 Member

Just a quick thank you to all of those that are serving and have served in our military.

Our country owes a huge debt to each of you and your families.

THANK YOU!!!

Rod Whedbee
    Captain, USAF retired

2. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

What Rod said!

Vietnam Wall.jpg

Thank you Vets for everything!

Ken

3. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Thanks Vet's, all our freedoms stem from your service and sacrifice.

4. Zig

Zig Member

Cool picture, big brother! :cool:

5. Zig

Zig Member

Thank YOU, Rod!

USAF, eh? I was 823rd RED HORSE.
    Welcome aboard!!!
    I'm guessing you have an old pickup and some photos??? (We <love> photos!) ;)

6. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Thanks Zig! I took SWMBO and her sister to breakfast on Sat and then to the Traveling Vietnam Wall which was set up in Magnolia. The deuce and a half was part of the exhibit. There were over 58,000 names of vets on the wall that aren't here today to help celebrate this day. Very tearful day on Saturday as we found a classmate or 2 of ours. Rest in Peace guys!

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Thank you veterans !

Not only because you've made it possible to live in the very BEST country in the world but also because 50 + years ago so many of you took the time to teach me my trade and about the important things in life too .

So many of you are gone now , I made a point to say THANK YOU in time but I'll always miss your company and sage advice .

8. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

It's late in the day, but never too late to thank our Veterans for their unselfish service to our Country. Thank You Veterans. Bill Brubaker

9. irace2win41

irace2win41 Member

Zig:

I've mostly been on the HAMB over the years and have rejoined this site as I have another 53 3100 I'm working on. Just traded out my 51 3600 for the 53. My previous ride was the white 50 3100 with a big block 409. That has moved on to one of the NASCAR crew guys. So, needed a replacement.

The plan for this one is 4" drop axle, disc brakes, open diff rear, 350/700r4, and just a nice redo. Found a nice 5 window that all the corners and floors were finished. I travel for a living so time is critical if I'm ever going to finish anything.

On the military side, I was an RF4C crew chief in TAC, and B52 tailgunner with the 668th Bomb wing SAC, later became an officer and was a Minuteman III crew commander, chief of Protocol for 12th Air Force, Chief of Intelligence for Vandenberg AFB, and retired as the Chief of Quality for Space Command at Vandenberg in 94.

My father was 26 years Army and veteran of Korea and 7 tours in Vietnam.

I will always have a deep love for our military and those who serve!!

Thanks
    Rod

10. Zig

Zig Member

Awesome!!!

Well, it just so happens I was at Vandenberg also!
    What a GREAT base! I loved fishing in the base lakes they had. I even ended up finishing 2nd place in the base bass club, even though I missed the last three tournaments! :cool:
    I remember guarding the base against protestors of the "Peace Keeper Missiles". I also remember traveling up the peak to the radar station up there. And fog~ Lots of fog~ (I was in the planning section of the CES there, so I got around a lot.) I loved seeing the whales jumping out in the Pacific, the way everything was grilled with grapevine wood, and the tidal pools. Lompoc wasn't too bad either. Too bad that big project they were working on never got off the ground~ That would have really been something!

If that was your truck in your avatar, we need MORE pictures! That looks absolutely beautiful!

Welcome aboard, Rod! This is a pretty good site!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  11. ccharr

ccharr Member

Belated as it is Thanks To all of you that have served, many thanks. It has been one wild ride of a weekend.

12. irace2win41

irace2win41 Member

Zig:

I loved Vandenberg. I mostly lived in Santa Maria and drove my 30 roadster to work everyday. I was at HQ in front of the Officers Club most of my time there.

The 50 3100 in my Avatar was a truck I bought in Alabama and then it just needed to be taken apart and done the way I wanted it. So I promised myself the next one would be more what suited me and my wife. Now our 21 year old daughter loves the AD trucks. So what better family project.
    Have to finish this one before I build my 32 roadster. This will be more daily driver friendly.

Now I have to get my front axle sent off for the 4" drop and just got the disc brake kit today. Gathering parts before I dive into the project.

I try not to comment too much on everyone's posts. I promise I'll try to do a build thread as the 53 get going. I did watch yours as it came together.

Glad to be here...

Rod

13. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

You are just up the road apiece....gimme a shout if you come down to the big city.

14. irace2win41

irace2win41 Member

Will do. We have a guy up here in Greensboro that keeps tons of 47-54 Chevy truck parts and trucks. Good resource to have.

Thanks
    Rod

15. SinclairChevy

SinclairChevy Member

Sorry I'm late. A heart-felt "Thank you!" to all Veterans - past, present, and future. We all owe you a debt which cannot be fully paid.

God Bless.

Damon