e015475

Gauges

Gauges
e015475, Aug 20, 2019
Neto84 likes this.
    • Rating:
      5/5,
      Neto84
      Hello I see that you used the stock gauges on your LS swap I’m in the process of doing a LS swap on my 54 Chevy truck and they told me that I needed ones your look nice can you please help me out on how you did it by the your truck came out nice
    • e015475
      Sorry I didn't see this when you posted it, but better late than never I suppose.

The gauges are rebuilt originals from Jim Carter truck parts.

The ammeter is wired just like you'd wire any ammeter into the wiring harness.

The oil pressure comes off of the oil galley just above the oil filter on the LS block. There's an adapter available or you can tap the factory cover for a 1/8" NPT and hook up the factory bourden tube. Here is the commercial adapter............

ICT Billet 551623: LS Gen IV Gauge Sensor Adapter Port for Oil Pressure | JEGS

The water temperature comes off of the back of the cylinder head. I popped out the core plug and made an adapter out of a piece of plate to hold it in. Here is a picture of it

[​IMG]

I bought an aluminum bung and welded it to a flat plate that bolts to the back of the passenger cylinder head. The temp probe sits in the hole where the core plug used to be. To seal it, I just RTV'd the plate to the head.

I run a first gen Camaro fuel tank and sender, and to get that to work I grafted the resistor track from an AD truck to the Camaro sender to get the right ohm reading to the AD gauge.

[​IMG]

The last part of the puzzle is to get the speedometer to work. I don't have either a mechanical or electrical signal from my transmission, so I'm going to use a device that converts a GPS signal to turning a stepper motor driving a cable at 1000 revolutions per mile

[​IMG]
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    1949 GMC
    Uploaded By:
    e015475
    Date:
    Aug 20, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    228.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    888px
    Height:
    666px
    Aperture:
    f/1.9
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SM-J337P
    Date / Time:
    2019:08:17 15:37:30
    Exposure Time:
    1/15 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    2.91 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).