Diagram NOT the schematics please.

Discussion in 'Electrical Shop' started by Swissmiss, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Swissmiss

Swissmiss Member

Hi everyone, I was given my stepdads 1996 5.7 vortec, GMC sierra, when he passed. I would really love to fix it and keep it stock. He was the only owner. Most parts on it look original. Here's the problem I need help with. Fuel pump not getting power through relay. SO a helpful person CUT the box off my wiring harness. I need a diagram that shows all the components the harness goes to. I've got the box wires back on but I need to double check my work. Used schematics but I'm no electrician and at best a shade tree wannabe. I have about 5 wires that do not seem to go anywhere. If I can't get this part fixed, I might as well give up on restoring the rest of it. Help please.
    (And the person that messed with my wiring got a black eye for it)
    Thx y'all, any help is so much appreciated.
    Swissmiss

2. nerfherder78

nerfherder78 Member

I don't have any wiring diagrams, but I do have a spare harness for a '98 diesel that I'm looking to integrate into my '85 (haven't found any aftermarket fuse/relay centers that I like). It will be somewhat different from yours, but I have taken the back off the fuse center to trace some wires and figure out what they're for. What colors are the wires you're looking for?