January 2019 Weather

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by vwnate1, Jan 16, 2019.

1. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Whew ~ here in California we're just getting endless rain storms that trigger floods, mud slides and occasional road sink holes .

Watching the national news to - night I see there's an Arctic blast sweeping from the Mid West East to the Atlantic coast, button up buttercup, it's going to rain, snow then FREEZE ~ I hope every one's O.K. and SAFE .

Lakeroadster likes this.
  2. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Nate,
    Thanks! At this point in life, the ice-pellets/foot of snow forecasted for Sunday is just "another day in New England". The tractor and generator are fueled, the snowblower is ready, and I have 4 studded snow tires on a 4WD truck.

3. Nick

Nick Administrator Staff Member

We had quite a bit of snow last weekend; it was mostly the sticky kind that stayed on things like trees and power lines and caused a ton of people all over the Kansas City, MO/KS area to lose power for a while starting Friday night (I think some people still don't have it back on yet).

I drove from Kansas City, Missouri to Lincoln, Nebraska (normally a little less than a 3-hour drive) on Friday evening, which probably wasn't the best idea due to the snow cover starting to make it difficult to see where the road actually was near the end of the drive, but I made it just fine.

Most of the snow has melted off of the trees and a lot of the ground, but other than that it's looked mostly the same outside all week and I haven't seen the sun in a while. Sounds like this weekend might be a repeat of last weekend too, but this time also maybe really cold for the Chiefs game on Sunday.

Snow's melting a bit, but still gray outside today:
    20190117_094349.jpg

4. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Last winter was pretty dry here in Central Colorado.

Finally back to a somewhat normal pattern here this winter.

The snow pack in the mountains is holding it's own which is a good thing for all those thirsty barbarians down in Denver.

001.JPG 01-01-2019 001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG

vwnate1 and Zig like this.
  5. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

And for us idiots from Texas who will be there next month spending big bucks to fall down mountains with boards on our feet.

vwnate1 likes this.
  6. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Yeah, I know.... believe me. You're not like most of the others that tailgate all the locals because your in a hurry are you?

I used to like Texas... now not so much.

vwnate1 likes this.
  7. Zig

Zig Member

Wow! Beautiful photos!
    In Kansas, we went from summer to winter, and so far this month, milder than usual.
    I’m all for “milder than usual”.
    It’s supposed to be winter weather tomorrow, but then above freezing temperatures after that.
    Stay safe.

8. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

I hope you know that those 'Colorado Critters' you posted pohtos of, are not only cute, they're VERY tasty ! #biggrin# .

It was 46* F here the other night & morning, I didn't mind it a bit, usually I complain as soon as it hits below 55* or so .

9. e015475

e015475 Member

66F and clear here in Phoenix last week - shirtsleeves and flip-flops. Today is low 70s. Heater turned off. Shop door open.

[​IMG]

vwnate1 likes this.
  10. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Nice ! .

Here in So.Cal. we've had winds and 70's temp wise .

I've been working on a forty year old Dodge trying to make it road legal again for this March's annual Death Valley Motocycle road trip .

11. RidesWithYah

RidesWithYah Member

When I left NorthEastern PA,
    I didn't go far enough South...