engine swap

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by novagmc, Oct 25, 2006.

1. novagmc

novagmc Member

putting 350 with borg warner t 10 4spd in 65 short step took out six cylinder will these frame mounts work on the 350 and will the cross member work with the 4spd how about clutch linkage if frame mounts will work do they need to be moved forward any help out there would be appreciated thank you JOHN

2. 283 man

283 man Member

Your linkage on your 4 speed trans. should hook up to the 350 motor as long as you have the Z-BAR hook up on the 350 engine,that has to be on your engine for it to hook to your transmission and to the frame.hey still have the 66 hood for sale $150.00 if you need one. THANKS

3. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

This should help with the motor mount question.
    http://www.persh.org/Pickup/perches.htm

No, you don't "need" to move them forward, but if you want some extra clearance for an HEI distributor it will help.

There should be no trans mount if you pulled out a standard 3 speed or granny 4 speed. The new 4 speed will only need to be supported by the bell housing. That "other" crossmember is probably the e-brake support.

Val

4. audioclass

audioclass Member

Yeah I had no problem fitting my ZZ4, its tight, but liveable. If I wasn't trying to get it done before my fingers freeze off, I may have considered moving everything forward a little, but it worked out fine.