Wanted 1948 Chevy Truck bottom bench seat spring

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by 48ThriftMaster, Jan 26, 2016.

1. 48ThriftMaster

48ThriftMaster Member

I am restoring a 1948 Chevrolet Thriftmaster 3/4 ton long box back stock like the day it rolled out the doors. I am having difficulty finding the bottom half of the spring box and with luck I hope someone out there is near Wisconsin that might just have one they could spare. Maybe one of those ratrod guys ripped one out... I would like to put it back to good use.

Thank you.

Kent

2. Zig

Zig Member

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for when you say "bottom half of the spring box".

3. 48ThriftMaster

48ThriftMaster Member

The bottom half - The wire spring frame bench seat that the cushion and then seat cover go on.
    I don't need a covered or anything as I was actually planning on having the neighborhood naturalist "hippies" do the upholstery with hemp material.

Attached Files:

4. 52wasp

52wasp Member

OK Kent,
    You've satisfied ONE of the requests (just so you know, Zig is like a "greeter"- but he'll demand pictures) with ONE picture... but we'll need more, and also where you call home. Who knows, we could be neighbors!

And last time I saw a bench seat covered with "hemp material"... well, nevermind!

5. DeadZoneTruckin

DeadZoneTruckin Member

6. Zig

Zig Member

Gotta love the naturalists... Should make the cab of your truck smell good on a hot summer day.

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Jeezo - peezo ~

Several times a week I'll be puttering along some where , often in down town Los Angeles and the clouds of pot smoke drifting my make me worry I'll get high...... o_O .

I have the upper seat back springs in case anyone needs one...