New to site

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by 69Chev4by, Feb 1, 2006.

1. 69Chev4by

69Chev4by Member

Spotted this site in a 4by magazine today, glad to see the wide range of topics being discussed.

Just bought a 69 Chev 3/4 ton 4x4 and will be working my way through it. The truck is in decent shape for its age, kind of like me.

The general plan is for lift kit, front locker, basic (mild) engine and interior mods. Anyone do something similar? Central California.

2. tech1

tech1 Member

welcome to the forum!

Jesse Hazell Chevy Duty Tech.

3. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

Welcome to the forum!

I didn't do anything similar, but I am also from the Central Valley, kinda,,, Sacramento...

Dennis

4. 69Chev4by

69Chev4by Member

Finally got some time to get back to the site.

Do you have the info for the VIN and engine SN?

The VIN is KE249ZB59763 and the engine # is V0214TXB.

Any info would be appreciated. The truck is reasonably stock and in good condition for its age.

The "Big Plan" would be to get the engine & electricals in prime order, then do a 4" or 6" lift with appropriate wheels, and basic interior upgrades (tunes, seat, upholstery, etc.)

Thanks again.

5. 69Chev4by

69Chev4by Member

Sac is close enough, compared to Missouri. I also have another project car, a '56 Pontiac 2 door hardtop. I've had that since '76, used it as a daily driver for quite a while. It's just sitting at the ranch nowdays. But one day.....

Did you do the engine & trans swaps in your panel yourself?

I had a '64 C20 292 4 spd that was an old CalTrans pickup. Stout was the word. A good buddy in Fresno has a '66 with a SCREAMING 350, built to the nuts as they say. I'll have to check with him on his source for the new chrome parts he got.

6. chevy_man_3

chevy_man_3 Member

Hello,

K=4x4, E=V8, 2=5200-7500 GVW range, 4=PICKUP, 9=1969, Z=FREMONT, B must really be an 8, making the last numbers the number of your vehicle off the assembly line.

Vince