JEEP In memory of D-Day

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Blueflame236, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

The Jeep is and has been one of the most important car developed before W.W. 2 and fore civil use ofcourse later. Here comes a review.
    B.t.w. a French thriller drama movie by the name ; Les femmes de l`ombre , aproaches the Normandie invasion in a rather excited way.
    A lots a old cars , motorcycles to watch with beautifull scenery.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140606/carnews01/140609904

Have a Nice weekend. Martinius.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  2. steve

steve Member

very cool

JEEP, JP OD, neat vid

3. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Who's Your Buddy? Who's Your Pal? It's a Jeep :)

Thanks for posting!

4. ssnow

ssnow Member

Columbia, Maryland, eventually Lopez Island, Washi
    Thanks for the post. My father had one after returning from fighting in Europe. He and my mother drove it on a trip around the Olympic Peninsula in Washington where its capabilities were well used. He always regretted selling it.

5. mikec4193

mikec4193 Member

Hi Everybody

I just finished (last fall) a 18 month rebuild on a 1947 CJ2A Willys Jeep...awesome cool vehicle for sure...I believe without the Willys Jeep developed when it was this country we currently live in would look a lot different than it does now...

MikeC

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Jeeps !

THANK YOU for the link .

In the early 1960's when I was a kid , there actually were loads and loads of $50 ex Military Jeeps to be had .

They were so sturdy it was amazing but far too many were poorly cared for and either rusted away or simply run into the ground , a very sad thing as I always wanted one .

We had a 1953 M38A1 on the Farm , bought it for $25 off Ft......jeeze , I've forgotten but it was in No. Mass. state , we got lots of cheap , good stuff from them .

Ft. Devin I think ? .

Anyway ,those old Jeeps were terrific and fun to drive , the flat head engine had *just* the right ampount of power to get you anywhere , they didn't like high RPM's much , no flat head ever did , that's what killed most of them : going 50 + MPH on the Highway .

Hat's off to all those who went and fought for us and the rest of the world in WWI ~ so many are gone now , I miss them greatly as they often took the time to teach me things I still use every day .

Mike , I think you sent me a link to your CJ2A build , non ? .