A bit different

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by coilover, Jun 11, 2014.

1. coilover

coilover Member

Our friend that made a living selling flour for Pillsbury is getting close on his very rough to start with 52. He replaced the kick panels, outer cowl sections, entire floor, inner and outer cab corners, bottom of firewall, and patches on every fender. He's 72 and a HARD worker with zero mechanical or metal working background. Every machine we introduced him to was like turning a kid loose in a candy store. The guys said they feared the state was going to bust them for teaching without a license for all the questions he asked. He didn't try the finish paint coating but said it had to look old and faded. His Dad's buisness and phone number from 1940's Dallas will go on the doors. The body is straight enough to paint gloss black but oh well. Nova clip, 12 bolt Chevelle rear, 350/Turbo 400, Vintage Air, and power everything. Not bad for a "donut maker".

Attached Files:

2. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Your helping this guy make his dream come true... that's got to be very rewarding. Could you maybe post some more photos? Neat stuff.

3. RustyDog

RustyDog Member

A bit different indeed! I can't say that I have ever seen an old truck wired up like that before.
    I bet you are getting as much joy out of watching him as he is getting from doing it.