What GMC Truck Guys Do!!!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Wolf, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Wolf

Wolf Member

Well not what I usually do in this thread, but I thought this would be fun too.

Last week a lady stopped by our house and asked if she could "rent" our truck for the grocery store Whole Foods. I said sure. They have a cherry festival this year and in their national advertising there is an old blue truck. Its a chevy, but an AD.

So they asked if they could put it out front of their store for a week. We settled on a price and I drove it over to the store. They asked if they could put cherries in the back. As you can see from the rest of this thread I didn't have any problem with that...;)

It was out front for 3 days when they called and asked if they could move it inside! I said sure it leaks a bit of oil but they were fine with it. It hasn't been indoors for 3 years:eek: Let alone an air conditioned space.

So my wife and I stopped by the other night on our date night. While we were there we saw about 5 people stop and take pics by it. We were there 10 min. Poor ol truck won't know what to do when it has to sit outside again.
    Here is what we saw!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Zig

Zig Member

How cool, Brian!!! Your truck is famous now!

That looks like a might hefty load of cherries, also!

Hey~ Why is the hood slightly open?

3. ccharr

ccharr Member

Looking Good, Brian.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  4. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Nice Freudian slip there Charles! Brain and Brian look alike, but who in their right mind would have a GMC grille?:eek::D

Great pics, Brian! Now for the ultimate shot! You need to put your little one in the middle of those cherries, give him 10 minutes eating them, then take a picture! How old is he now?

Ken

5. SinclairChevy

SinclairChevy Member

This is awesome!! Thanks for sharing, Brian.

Damon

6. ccharr

ccharr Member

That would be more of this computer's auto spell crap I deal with anymore. Thanks for catching that:).

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  7. Wolf

Wolf Member

Thanks fella's!

Paul, Not sure why it was open a bit, maybe that had it open before to show off that long looong motor.

Charles, no problem on that. You should see my emails even for work. I would say 30-50% of the time I'm Brain. You would think that would transfer over... Maybe someday...

Ken. That would be awesome! I'm sure he would love that as he loves fruit. My oldest is 3.5 years old now. Man time fly's as I'm sure I don't have to tell most of you fella's here. I also have another son that is just about a year old.

Proud dad bragging again.... But I am so blessed to have these little men. Especially a wife that is just the best. Remember she surprised me by buying my truck for me in the first place;)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    If you look close in my oldest hand he has a flower for his mom;) Such a good little boy. He gets one for her every time we go outside!!!

8. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Lucky Brian With The Brain

Looking fine there my man ! .

You're lucky indeed .

I got to see my Son again Yesterday , my Grand Daughter too ! .

SWEET .