Dust shield?

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by k7elh, Oct 27, 2005.

1. k7elh

k7elh Member

Hi everyone...

I just bought a 1969 C10, and am looking forward to spending my hard earned money on it. :7

Anyway, it has a dust shield/inspection access plate (plastic) that covers the starter gear and torque converter that is cracked and doesn't want to stay on..

I looked here at ChevyDuty, but was unable to find one. Does anyone know where I might be able to locate one? I don't want to drive it without that plate.

Thanks in advance...

Eric Hutchins
    1969 C10

2. CST20

CST20 Member

YOU CAN ORDER ONE FROM A CHEVY DEALER AND THERE NOT TO EXPENSIVE AND REPLACEMENTS ARE STEMPED STEEL GOT ONE LAST YEAR. IF YOU CAN,T FIND ONE LET ME KNOW I THINK I GOT A USED ONE SOMEWARE

3. k7elh

k7elh Member

>YOU CAN ORDER ONE FROM A CHEVY DEALER AND THERE NOT TO
    >EXPENSIVE AND REPLACEMENTS ARE STEMPED STEEL GOT ONE LAST
    >YEAR. IF YOU CAN,T FIND ONE LET ME KNOW I THINK I GOT A USED
    >ONE SOMEWARE

Well, went to the dealer, and was told that if it is a t400 then they can special order one, but the Powerglide ones are no longer available. Now I am trying to find out if I have a powerglide or not. My 'option' panel in the glovebox states that I have option 'M49 - Turbo Hydra-Matic'...

Any ideas?

Thanks

4. GMCMC

GMCMC Member

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Nov-03-05 AT 09:44 PM (CST)]Unless I'm mistaken, the powerglide was a two speed automatic where the 350 and 400 were three speed turbo hydro-matics.;)

5. chevy_man_3

chevy_man_3 Member

Hi, M49 is the option code for Turbo 350 Tranny.

Vince