Exhaust Manifolds

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by 72short4by, Aug 25, 2005.

1. 72short4by

72short4by Member

I am going back to manifolds on a 72 4x4. I have purchased two used ones and both have a flat machined area where the pipe connects. I expected a beveled edge going into the manifold for the donut to sit in. I then thought maybe the heat riser is required to adapt for the donut and I must have two right side manifolds. However, when I check the catalog it shows one part number for both sides of a K10. My manifolds are ram horns and both exit in the center and point straight down. is there a donut that adapts this flat area to directly accept an exhaust pipe? I dont want a heat riser in there.

confused.

2. 72short4by

72short4by Member

I cant believe nobody has some input on this. I have now heard the terms 'big outlet manifolds' and 'small outlet manifolds'.

I am told finding a pair of straight down big-outlet ramhorns is what I should do and that it will be tough to find. Anyone??

3. 72short4by

72short4by Member

That would be great. I dont need either to have any sort of bracket mount cast into it. As long as both have the beveled edge, inside the exit hole, for a donut to fit into they will be perfect.