Trying to lift a 71 2wd chevy picku

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by rodeo69, Jan 19, 2005.

1. rodeo69

rodeo69 Member

Hey all,
    I am new to this sight, I've been reading the questions and answers.....very helpful. Now I thought I ask a question. I have a 1971 Chevy pickup that I am trying to restore. And I need to know if anyone knows where I can purchase a 4-6in suspenion lift kit for a 71 chevy pickup? Any suggestions?
    rodeo69

2. narrow_gauge

narrow_gauge Member

RE: Trying to lift a 71 2wd chevy p

Your suspension lift depends on a few things. I just lifted my 1970 K10 with a 4" lift from National Tire and Wheel. My K10 has full length leaf springs all the way around. If you have coil springs, this package won't help. My kit was all four leaf springs, four shocks, hardware and I also bought the steering arm to compensate for the lift. It cost (with shipping) in the neighborhood of $600.00 I don't know what you would be able to do if you have coil spring in the front. Maybe a body lift? Hope this helps.

3. 72short4by

72short4by Member

What is all this talk of a 1971 K10 with coil springs? I have never seen a 67-72 4WD with coil springs , they are all leaf spring setups. If I am wrong I would like to see a picture of a 4WD with coils springs, bet I dont get a pic.

That kit from NTW is a good one and is advertised in FOUR WHEELER magazine for botht eh 52 and 56 inch spring applications for $500-600. I would get that one and put it on. The only other item you may need is longer brake hoses which can be bought from Inline Tube in the stainless steel variety for about $50-60.

4. nerfherder78

nerfherder78 Member

Rodeo69 is asking about a 2wd lift which is much different and harder to find than a 4wd lift.

Unfortunately I don't think there are any companies that sell 2wd lift kits for pre '73 2wd trucks. I put a 3" Fabtech lift on my '85 C10 two years ago, you may want to check them out. www.fabtechmotorsports.com

If you can't find the lift you want, you may want to look for a K10 and do a body swap.