T.E.R.D. finally pays-off

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by Ratnest, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Ratnest

Ratnest Member

Last night while pondering the fun and frustration of the last 14 months of building Ratnest (66 C10), I was happy that the Rat is now a dependable, but ugly, daily driver. Having spent 25 years working for a government bureaucracy, that was prone to reduce everything to an acronym, I put together my own catch word that represents my efforts with the 66. My acronym is "TERD", which stands for Trial & Error/Research & Development. I hope you see the humor in that...I sure do.:D

The last mechanical hurdle was the "running too hot" issue. That was solved by extending the depth of my homemade shroud, adding a 6 blade 19" steel fan, and a new aluminum radiator.

The TERD system would not have been sucessful without the help of several forum members. Thanks so much for that. In the next few months I'll tackle the remaining bodywork and paint. Feel free to use my TERD system if you like:). Jim

2. Rich 5150 69

Rich 5150 69 Member

Jim your would have figured it out eventually, glad to see all the hurdles done, now the fun in driving it.....we all will see hurdles in our own trucks from time to time and sometimes we all need a nudge in the right direction......!

3. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Swag vs terd

Now that you have solved the problem what temperature is the truck running at now, and what temperature thermostat are you using?

Glad to hear that your TERD's are behind you on this one :rolleyes:

4. Ratnest

Ratnest Member

The thermostat is 180 degrees. My gauge shows it opens at about 190 and goes down a little. Then the temp settles in at 190 to 195 even when uphill or stuck in traffic. I'm a happy camper to have most of those terds behind me...too funny John:D

5. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Most excellent, thanks for the update.