Full flowing Oil Filter??

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by 2OR4Wheels, Sep 8, 2014.

1. 2OR4Wheels

2OR4Wheels Member

So I recently stumbled across some info about modifying the 235 so that you have full flow oil filtration, using a readily available spin on type filter. The links below are two write ups that I found. The first one seems pretty straight forward. But the second indicates the holes are on the passenger side??

1. Has anyone personally done this, and/or have their own write-up or pictures?

2. Why plug the original hole, and drill new ones?? Couldn't the original holes from the old manifold mounted oil filter be drilled a bit larger and used?

http://speedprint.com/deves50/oilfilterinstall.php

http://www.inliners.org/tech/fullflow2.html

2. DeadZoneTruckin

DeadZoneTruckin Member

Full pressure oiling is great but the thought of drilling extra holes in an engine block that already has a propensity for cracking is scary.

I would stick with the standard stock "metered" canister oil filter & mount it on the intake.

Attached Files:

3. 2OR4Wheels

2OR4Wheels Member

I have one of those now. Was going to have the machine shop drill and tap the holes when they rebuild it, plus wanted the convenience of a spin on filter.

Do you think the risk of the block cracking outweighs the benefit of more filtration? Just want to do things right the first time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  4. wolffcub

wolffcub Member

Full flow is no benefit in my opinion. You can use almost any twist on adapter and just buy a bypass style filter. Im using a fram filter that has a 1/16 hole designed in it. it functions same as the old filter setup and you can buy the filters anywhere. Mine is tucked down on the drivers side at chassis level and easy to get to from below.

5. wolffcub

wolffcub Member

[​IMG]

you can see the filter mount down by the power steering pump attached to the chassis.