New hose brake

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by thecramp, Sep 9, 2014.

1. thecramp

thecramp Member

Hi, i need to change my hose brake
    I'd like to know what kind of hose i should take, are the size all the same to plug on the caliper side ?

how can i know which bango screw i can buy ?
    it's deco moraine 5473497

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Chiro

Chiro Member

brake hose

First of all, that hose is WAY too short as I am sure you can see which has led to its failure. Bring the hose to your FLAPS and get it matched up to get a longer one. Might as well replace the other hose on the front and the rear hose as well while you are at it.

Andy

3. thecramp

thecramp Member

hi Andy, yes it's too short that why i 'd like to change them, but i'm in france and a little but lost which hundred hose we can find...

I have no id about connector 'size', ' type', bang size, AN; ... flat inverted or not ... i 'll order in us online shop( have other things to order in same time)

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  4. Guest5979

Guest5979 Guest

frontend

What frontend do you have in your truck anyway ?

5. coilover

coilover Member

The numbers and letters seem to be very easy to read on your present hose so google this and see if it gives the specs such as length and end sizes. Then do a search for one that has the same ends but is 2 or 3 inches longer. You could also go to Rock Auto and type the numbers into their parts search which will give the hose application and specs. As a last resort you could move the hose bracket attached to the frame down a couple inches and run a longer steel line to it which should give you enough slack to use the present hoses. Finally, and more expensive, contact Inline Tube or other braided steel brake line hose makers and they will tell you what they need from you to make up a set of hoses to your specs.